Re: [pgadmin-hackers][patch] Test dependencies and screenshots - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgadmin-hackers][patch] Test dependencies and screenshots
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Fri, Mar 3, 2017 at 1:57 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 10:05 PM, Joao Pedro De Almeida Pereira
> <jpereira@pivotal.io> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> We adjusted the patches to correct the issues that you mentioned
>>
>> Improves screenshots and reduces test flakiness
>
> Hmm, was that the 0.5 second sleep? I hate doing that, but sometimes
> it's the only way that doesn't require far more effort than it's worth
> :-(.
>
>>     - rename screenshot files to add python version
>>     - put screenshots into separate pg version folders
>
> I tested on Python 2.7 and Python 3.5 on macOS 10.12;
>
> - On both versions of Python I'm left with a running chromedriver
> process after the tests have exited. Chrome itself exits though.
>
> - Screenshots only appear to have been saved once (the first time I
> ran on Python 2.7). No screenshots were saved for any of my subsequent
> runs.

Well this is weird. The files are there if I look in the terminal, but
Finder is refusing to show them. If I search for them in spotlight,
they magically appear. I'd think I was going crazy but someone here
just confirmed I'm not.

So... assuming that's a Mac bug, we're just left with all the
chromedriver processes not dying - which is a show-stopper as we
obviously can't have an endlessly growing pile of processes on the
test server! :-)

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com