Re: theme to use while building docs - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: theme to use while building docs
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 9:41 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 10:22 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Nov 16, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi Dave,

>> > Ok, patched conf.py. That said, Sphinx in EL6 is 0.something, and even
>> > does not
>> > accept the default parameters. We may want to disable docs builds on EL
>> > 6.
>>
>> We can't not ship the docs. Or are you suggesting we pull the RPM from
>> another build and use that? It is just HTML files and images after
>> all.
>>

> Not at all knowing what Devrim was thinking, but perhaps you need something
> like what postgresql.org does for "difficult build dependencies". Which is
> build a snapshot tarfile that includes the *prebuilt* documentation, and the
> same for releases of course. They don't go in git, but they go in the
> tarballs (we do that both for the docs and for things like the bison output
> in pg.org). And the tarballs contain nothing platform-specific (I assume),
> so they can be built on a platform that has easy access to those tools.

Yeah, that could work. Though "difficult dependencies" is a stretch
here - it's really just that sphinx hasn't been updated in EPEL in
ages. It might be easiest to just get that RPM refreshed and be done
with it.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com