Re: Improve UX of YUM/DNF download form - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Improve UX of YUM/DNF download form
Date
List pgsql-www

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 11:25 AM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 12:11 PM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Here's another updated patch:

- Don't use an id of "script"
- Add a button to the top-right of the script area to copy the contents to the clipboard. Once clicked, the label changes for 3 seconds to indicate to the user that the action occurred.

If folks are happy with this, once a consensus is made on the issue of whether to include the client install separately, I'll update if needed and push.

Sweet, I like it. The one thing I'd like to see improved is that the script could be without the comments, making it more clear for the "pasted into terminal" results.

Yeah, that might need some minor futzing to deal with, as copying to the clipboard is handled by selection ranges. Might have to copy the code into a dummy hidden div, remove the comments, and copy it from there.

I did notice a pre-existing problem in the Ubuntu/Debian downloads -- it doesn't actually contain the step of "apt-get install" when one uses the pg apt repo. It probably should, if nothing else then for consistency with the RedHat ones. (And they should also do the same wrt installing the client)

Yes, I just spotted that. It's actually a little further down. I'll see about cleaning that up.

//Magnus