Re: BUG #10381: psql.exe and pg_dump.exe are wrong version - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dave Page
Subject Re: BUG #10381: psql.exe and pg_dump.exe are wrong version
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 5:15 AM, Jonathan (Th=C3=A0nh) <thanhr@icanlearn.vn=
> wrote:
> I solved the problem. I was using psql.exe from pgAdmin III and ran
> pg_dump.exe from the same folder. the psql & pg_dump binaries included wi=
th
> pgAdmin III are version 9.2.2 (pgAdmin 8.3 I think?, in any case, it's
> straight from the installer from the website advertised as 9.3.4, I didn'=
> have postgres on my computer before the install)
>
> However, I realized there were also the postgres binaries installed
> somewhere else, and those are the right version. I also set up my PATH
> variable to avoid issues, however pgAdmin was still using the old binarie=
> so I copy-pasted from the postgreSQL folder.
>
> tl;dr postgreSQL is fine, pgAdmin is shipped with the wrong version. Not
> sure if that's supposed to happen or not.

Depends what version of pgAdmin you have. Each major version (1.18.x,
1.16.x, 1.14.x) etc always ships with the utilities from the version
of PostgreSQL released at the same time (e.g 9.3, 9.2 and 9.1
respectively).

> On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.c=
om>
> wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 2:32 PM,  <thanhR@icanlearn.vn> wrote:
>> > The following bug has been logged on the website:
>> >
>> > Bug reference:      10381
>> > Logged by:          Jon R
>> > Email address:      thanhR@icanlearn.vn
>> > PostgreSQL version: 9.3.4
>> > Operating system:   Windows 7 (32 bit)
>> >
>> > the binaries, psql.exe and pg_dump.exe shipped with the version 9.3.4
>> > installer for 32-bit windows are actually version 9.2.2 which obviousl=
>> > causes problems when attempting to use them.
>> Are you sure that Path is set up correctly in your environment? Don't
>> you have multiple versions of Postgres installed on the same machine.
>> Or perhaps you are still having outdated binaries in a machine that
>> has only the client installed?
>> --
>> Michael

--=20