Re: SSL Mode in PGAdmin 1.18.1 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: SSL Mode in PGAdmin 1.18.1
Date
List pgadmin-support

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Colin Wright <colin.wright@thinkwhere.com> wrote:

Hi,

I’ve been trying to set up SSL connections to our postgres databases but I’m coming across some difficulties with the way the settings are working with the latest version of PGAdmin.  Can someone tell me if these are known bugs with the use of SSL in PGAdmin 1.18.1 (windows 7), and if there are any work-arounds?

The SSL drop-down is empty which I assume is a bug? It had a list of options in previous versions.

When I try to connect to a database that forces SSL (using a self-signed certificate) it is failing to connect because of being unable to validate the certificate.    Does this mean that PGAdmin is defaulting to either  “verify-ca” or “verify-all” SSL option?  Is there any way of changing this to “require” instead so that I don’t need to set up the server certificate on every PC running PGAdmin (given that the drop-down doesn’t have any options)?

In PGAdmin 1.18.0 and earlier there was a list of SSL settings on the properties tab of the details pane for the connection, including whether or not you were using an encrypted connection.  Is this information still available somehow as it can be useful confirmation that you are using an encrypted connection?

Thanks in advance for any tips and advice you can provide

It sounds like your build has SSL disabled. Where did it come from?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company