Re: New macOS Build - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: New macOS Build
Date
List pgadmin-hackers

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 1:43 PM Fahar Abbas <fahar.abbas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 4:39 PM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi Fahar,

I've stood up a new macOS build server (as the old one is getting unreliable). Can you please test the build at https://developer.pgadmin.org/builds/2019-04-15-macos2-test2/? Please remember to test the file dialogue and external processes as those are the places most likely to be affected (everything else is likely to be fine if we can connect to the database, browse the schema and run queries).

I have already performed the smoke verification on MAC 10.12, MAC 10.13 and MAC 10.14 and no issue found so while detail verification is in progress.

Great, thanks!

All;

It seems that supporting macOS < 10.12 (Sierra) is somewhat hard now, as Qt have dropped support for it, and Apple also seem to be using that as a compatibility break version. Does anyone see any major reason why we can't require 10.12 or later for pgAdmin?

Note that I've already updated the website to say we only support 10.12+. For now though, that's just meant as "discouragement" rather than a hard and fast rule.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com