Re: How can we submit code patches that implement our (pending) patents? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: How can we submit code patches that implement our (pending) patents?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 1:34 AM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki <tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
From: Dave Page [mailto:dpage@pgadmin.org]
> SFLC have acted as the projects counsel in the past, so I'm not surprised
> they aren't talking to you; you won't be a known contact to them as a PG
> contributor, and as a Fujitsu employee there would likely be a conflict
> of interest for them to talk to you.

I see.  Then I hope for some reply saying so so that I can give up my hope that I might get a good idea from them...

Who is a known contact to SFLC in PostgreSQL community?  Can we expect response from SFLC if he/she contacts them?

I am - however as you've seen from Tom, the core team has already discussed this and come to the conclusion that the risks and downsides to accepting code under patent far outweighs the benefitsm so I won't be contacting them about this.

We do thank you (and Fujitsu) for your efforts though.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company