Re: Meson far from ready on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Meson far from ready on Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Sat, 22 Jun 2024 at 17:35, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
Hi,

On 2024-06-21 15:36:56 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> For giggles, I took a crack at doing that, manually creating .pc files for
> everything I've been working with so far.

Cool!

> It seems to work as expected, except that unlike everything else libintl is
> detected entirely based on whether the header and library can be found. I
> had to pass extra lib and include dirs:

Yea, right now libintl isn't using dependency detection because I didn't see
any platform where it's distributed with a .pc for or such. It'd be just a
line or two to make it use one...

I think it should, for consistency if nothing else - especially if we're adding our own pc/cmake files to prebuilt dependencies.