Re: Are postgresql-9.4 binaries available on Windows XP? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Are postgresql-9.4 binaries available on Windows XP?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 4:45 AM, Hiroshi Inoue <inoue@tpf.co.jp> wrote:
> Hi Dave and Andrew,
>
> I recently noticed the thread
>   [BUGS] BUG #11039: installation fails when trying to install C++
> redistributable .
>
> Unfortunately I have no XP machine at hand and can't test the
> installer by myself.
>
> Looking at the binaries in the package, they seem to be built using
> Visual Studio 2013. I'm suspicious if the binaries are available on
> Windows XP.
>
> If I recognize correctly, Visual Studio 2012 or later doesn't support
> Windows XP by default and Platform Toolset v120_xp (or v110_xp) must
> be specified so as to build binaries guaranteed to be avaiable on
> Windows XP. However MSBuildProject.pm seems to specify v120 (or v110) as
> the PlarformToolset property. Is it intentional?

I can't say whether that was an intentional change or not as I wasn't
involved in writing that patch, but I can say that EDB will not be
supporting Windows XP for our future builds now that it's been
(finally) made obsolete by Microsoft when extended support ended in
April.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com