Re: Import/export servers - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Import/export servers
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 6:01 AM Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave
On Mon, Nov 19, 2018 at 8:09 PM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
A number of people have asked for the ability to import and export server definitions. It's also convenient to have such a feature in the container world, where new instances of pgAdmin containers may be created on the fly.

Here's a draft patch to allow that, including docs and a basic test.

Review feedback please?

    Patch looks good to me. Can we have option to provide the servers to be exported? It may possible that user don't want to export the local servers as it is automatically detected. Can we have GUI(may be dialog) for this?

This is intentionally not a GUI feature.

I've added a --server flag to allow the user to specify specific servers (without it, all are dumped), and changed the JSON structure per the discussion we had earlier to ensure that servers with duplicate names can be dumped.

Please re-review.

Thanks!

--
Dave Page