Re: PGAgent runs all jobs on startup - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: PGAgent runs all jobs on startup
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 7:35 PM, David Greco
<David_Greco@harte-hanks.com> wrote:
> I have about 20 jobs scheduled via PGAgent to run at various times. Some
> daily, some every X minutes, some at certain times, etc. I just started
> pgagent on the server and noticed it ran all my jobs upon startup, despite
> it not being a scheduled time. Is this an option somewhere I’m missing?

No, this was an intentional design choice - we actually polled the
community to find out what behaviour people wanted here. Essentially,
when the agent restarts it plays "catchup", and runs all the jobs it
missed. It then recalculates the new runtime for each that is always
in the future. So, if you had an hourly job and the agent was down
from 11:30 until 17:30, it would run the 12:00 instance of the job at
startup (17:30) then resume the normal schedule at 18:00.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company