Improve UX of YUM/DNF download form - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Improve UX of YUM/DNF download form
Date
List pgsql-www
The form on https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/ allows users to select their platform, architecture and database server versions, and then generates a number of commands for them to run.

At present, each command is shown individually, requiring the user to cut/paste multiple times.

The attached patch changes that to create a single commented script which can be copied, pasted and run in one go speeding up and simplifying the process for the user. The attached screenshot shows what it looks like.

Further improvements I'm considering are a Copy button and maybe some colorization.

If the general principle is agreed, I can make similar changes for the Debian/Ubuntu form.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company