Re: Action requested - Application Softblock implemented | Issue report ID341057 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Action requested - Application Softblock implemented | Issue report ID341057
Date
Re: Action requested - Application Softblock implemented | Issue report ID341057
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> That seems strange, since the MSFT guy is reporting that whatever he
> tested did work on Windows 7, but now that you've pointed out that
> Windows 8 won't be released until after we stop supporting 8.2, I am
> filled with uncaring.

It might have appeared to successfully install, but that doesn't mean
it's setup the way we want it. For example, none of the administrative
menu shortcuts in that version will do privilege escalation which is
more or less required in Windows 7+.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com