Re: MAC line ends strange issue - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: MAC line ends strange issue
Date
List pgadmin-support

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Michal Kozusznik <kozusznik.michal@ifortuna.cz> wrote:

Everybody here is volunteering their time. Whilst we try to respond to every bug report, unfortunately some will get missed or ignored because noone has the time to look at them. If you need guaranteed support, you'll need to talk to one of the PostgreSQL support companies.

I can tell you why some got missed: because of using mailing list for pgadmin support. That's why. We talked about this years ago. Nobody is able to track issues this way.
Just start with bugzilla (or other ticketing system) and nothing will get missed.

We already have a bug tracker, we just don't have users posting directly to it because we end up having to deal with a lot of non-bugs which take up even more time.

FWIW, I can't reproduce the behaviour you describe.

I just reproduced easly the first scenario with Windows7 and pgAdmin 1.16.1

So the value is shown correctly in the query tool when you create the function, but when the SQL is reverse engineered again, it gets changed?

Please create the function in pgAdmin with debug logging turned on so we can see what gets sent to the server, and send the complete log (please delete it right before starting pgAdmin so it's not too full of irrelevent stuff).

FYI, using the single quotes is valid syntax, but a *quick* look at the code indicates that pgAdmin only does it if it thinks the server is 7.4.x or older (which didn't support dollar quoting). If it's getting that check wrong, I'd be very surprised as that would cause all manner of things to break horribly.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com