Re: [pgadmin-support] editable views - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgadmin-support] editable views
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 6:05 AM, Willy-Bas Loos <willybas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Bump
>
> Op 27 feb. 2017 12:41 p.m. schreef "Willy-Bas Loos" <willybas@gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> My colleages and I am looking for a GUI postgres client that supports
>> editable views.
>> I found this conversation about it
>>
>> http://www.postgresql-archive.org/Editing-Views-with-EditGrid-td2195829.html
>>
>> I think pgAdmin is missing a chance to support a beautiful feature of
>> postgres.
>> I think that It goes without saying that you need to refresh to see
>> changes outside of the record that was editted.
>> Maybe there is a chance that the pgAdmin team would reconsider?

I don't think anyone objects to the feature - it's just a matter of
finding the time; which is a not a trivial amount when you consider
what we might have to do to figure out if a given view is updateable.

Please log a feature request on Redmine if there isn't one there already for it.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com