Re: ASC files not verifying Windows pgAdmin 4 installers - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: ASC files not verifying Windows pgAdmin 4 installers
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 9:11 AM J Paz <joe.paz@live.com> wrote:

To Whom It May Concern:

I tried to download pgAdmin 4.18 and 4.19 for Windows, but I cannot use the corresponding asc files posted at https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin/pgadmin4/v4.18/windows/ or at https://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin/pgadmin4/v4.19/windows/ to verify the installers.  What must be done to allow for verifying the installers?

Thank you for your assistance.

They're largely irrelevant for the Windows installers to be honest; that because the installers themselves are codesigned, so Windows will automatically check them and warn you if the signatures are invalid or not.

I might just remove the sigs for the Windows installers (and the Mac ones, which are also codesigned using macOS' native technology).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company