Re: Remove "unsupported version" warning for Greenplum - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Remove "unsupported version" warning for Greenplum
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 12:22 PM, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
<adsmail@wars-nicht.de> wrote:
> On 18.01.2016 02:44, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
>>

>> we tested pgAdminIII 1.22 internally and found that it works sufficient
>> with Greenplum. A few minor problems are identified and we plan to work
>> on them as well, but nothing serious. We however know that there are a
>> number more serious problems with HAWQ (SQL on Hadoop), we plan to work
>> on this as well.
>>
>> As a first step, attached is a patch which removes the "unsupported
>> version" warning for Greenplum. The patch copies a bit infrastructure
>> and prepares us to support later versions of Greenplum when we bump our
>> version number after merging with later PostgreSQL versions. One
>> remaining question is if the supported versions should stay in
>> pgConn.cpp or move to pgAdmin3.h.
>

> Next attempt (this time packed diff).

And this time it works perfectly :-)

> The attached patch adds recognition for Greenplum HAWQ (SQL on Hadoop),
> where I know that it has problems with some catalog tables. An error message
> is still shown for HAWQ. The error message during connect for GPDB is
> removed. Version information is moved to header file.

Thanks - applied to the 1.22 and master branches.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company