HEADS-UP: Redmine -> Github issue migration - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject HEADS-UP: Redmine -> Github issue migration
Date
Re: HEADS-UP: Redmine -> Github issue migration  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
List pgadmin-hackers
All,

Over the next few days we'll be migrating all the pgAdmin 4 issues in Redmine to Github. For various reasons (mostly the Github API), this is a slow process.

When each issue is migrated, a prominent note will be added to the bottom of the Redmine issue warning that it has been migrated, along with a link to the new issue on Github. Any issues that have this notice *should not* be updated on Redmine. Instead, follow the link, and update on Github.

New issues can be added to Redmine during the migration. Once it's completed, it will be locked down so all new issues will need to be added to Github. The website will be updated accordingly at this time.

Once all the issues are migrated, we'll be looking at moving the primary git repository to Github as well, and will work on changing our workflow to use pull requests over the coming weeks.

NOTE: it is not feasible for us to add participants of existing issues to the "watchers" list on Github. Therefore, if there are any issues you wish to continue to receive email updates about, you should add yourself as a watcher on the Github issue. Unfortunately as we need to avoid getting blacklisted for sending too many emails, updates to the original Redmine tickets will not be sent as they're migrated, so you may want to review any issues manually once migration is complete.

Thanks, Dave.