Re: [pgAdmin][RM5157] Default sort order at start in view table data by primary key by default - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgAdmin][RM5157] Default sort order at start in view table data by primary key by default
Date
In response to Re: [pgAdmin][RM5157] Default sort order at start in view table data by primary key by default  (navnath gadakh <navnath.gadakh@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgadmin-hackers

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 12:05 PM navnath gadakh <navnath.gadakh@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 4:17 PM Dave Page <dave.page@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 11:16 AM Ashesh Vashi <ashesh.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 3:38 PM navnath gadakh <navnath.gadakh@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Dave/Team,

    I have added an option under preferences menu to table data sorting by primary key.

image.png

Are you okay with text/labels?
"Sort table/view data by primary key(s)?"
Question mark (?) is missing your statement, which is must for a boolean flag.

"Sort View Data results by primary key columns?"

"If set to True, data returned when using the View Data option will be sorted by the Primary Key columns by default."
Ok. Will add this label and description.

Why does it only apply if "All Rows" is used? I don't see any reason not to do it at all times.
As per discussion with Khushboo and Akshay will implement for "All Rows" as primary key columns ordering is already present for other options.

OK. Let's make it consistent then, and have the preference affect all options.

Thanks!

-- Ashesh

Thanks!