Re: pgAdmin Saved Password Security - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAdmin Saved Password Security
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi

On Wed, Apr 17, 2019 at 7:20 AM Michel Feinstein <michelfeinstein@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am new to pgAdmin and PostgreSQL. I am configuring a new server connection and I can see there's an option to save my server's password.

How secure is this option? Does it save my password as plaintext or does it save inside Windows protection or other form of encryption?

It uses AES encryption in CFB8 mode provided by the Python encryption module. The data is then base64 encoded and stored in the SQLite configuration database that holds user settings.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company