Re: pgAdmin can't create Expression Indexes - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAdmin can't create Expression Indexes
Date
List pgadmin-support

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 1:01 PM Michel Feinstein <michelfeinstein@gmail.com> wrote:
Well, I did a quick look at it and I could see it indeed has more options... But for external people (like me) it seems more complicated to file Issues and keep track of them.

On Github I would open the project's page, open a new issue, and every time there is a new message for my issue (and only my issue) I will be notified by email. If anyone wants to know what we spoke about it, all the thread is right there on the Issue page.

But currently if I want to file a bug or a feature I have to enroll to an email list to communicate it, so I will receive messages for everything, every day, which is not in my interest, so I will unsubscribe from this mailing list and stop receiving messages for everything, including the only think I care about. If I want to check what was argued about an issue in the past, I have to search into several emails, not as clean as an Issue thread.

Not according to the website: https://www.pgadmin.org/support/

Also, I didn't have to login to file a bug report, I could set the priority, assign it to people, I had apparently lots of control over it.

I'm not sure how that's an issue? It's mildly annoying for us when people set the priority of a typo fix to "Immediate", assign it to a developer and set the target version, but that shouldn't affect you - and you don't have to fill in those details.

Not even to mention the interface seems bulky and outdated (but this is minor aesthetics, so I don't take this seriously).

I'll take functionality and fitness for purpose over pretty any day :-)

Github Issues aren't as complete, but I think it has enough, you can set it to a milestone, label it, assign it to people, automatically close it with a commit and a pull request, easy to see, follow and track what's related to it... All of it with user access control, on who can do what... But if your current system has more stuff and you like it, it's fine, it's just gave me the appearance of being clunkier, and definitely not as easy for someone from outside of the project to jump-in, report, jump-out and get eventual updates.

Best wishes,

Michel.