Re: pgadmin crashes constantly on OSX 10.11.1 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgadmin crashes constantly on OSX 10.11.1
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 3:29 PM, Andrew D Wolfe Jr
<andrew@schemaczar.com> wrote:

> My apologies, Dave, but you are apparently the lucky one.
>
> I am used to spending my entire work day in my SQL GUI.  My productivity is
> much better than using the command line and emacs mlisp bindings don't do it
> for me either.  So please don't get into a religious war over CLI vs GUI.
>
> I cannot ever run pgAdmin III for more than an hour on a MacBook Pro without
> it crashing and this damages my productivity.  This has been my experience
> for over a year with two employers with local and remote databases (and very
> different network configurations).  It happened on both employers' MacBooks
> as well as on my own MacBook.  SSH tunneling on or off.  It was happening on
> Yosemite and is no better - possibly worse - on El Capitan.  If you like I
> can probably find a bunch of crash reports and forward them.
>
> Can you tell us anything about your Mac configuration that might be making
> your setup more reliable?

Not really - it's pretty standard. I don't even have a pgAdmin dev
environment on my primary machine (I do that work in a dedicated VM).

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company