Re: [pgsql-packagers] Palle Girgensohn's ICU patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgsql-packagers] Palle Girgensohn's ICU patch
Date
Re: [pgsql-packagers] Palle Girgensohn's ICU patch  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 9:48 AM, Jakob Egger <jakob@eggerapps.at> wrote:

>> Bear in mind that this might alter the way indexes are built. From the top of my head, I just can't remember if this
istrue or not. I'm probably wrong? Magnus? You would have to try.

> That's why I want to include it in the first version of 9.4, when people need to dump & reload their database anyway
(I'llmake a note not to use pg_upgrade)

You may want to bear in mind that postgres.app is on the main PG
downloads page on the website. If you're patching Postgres to add a
feature like this, it would become a fork and would have to be moved
out of the "PostgreSQL Core Distribution" section of the download area
as we only include "pure" distributions there.

--
Dave Page
PostgreSQL Core Team