Re: pgAdmin 1.18.1 - Ctrl-F hotkey launches Database Designer where Find&Replace was desired - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAdmin 1.18.1 - Ctrl-F hotkey launches Database Designer where Find&Replace was desired
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 5:55 PM, jashworth <jay.ashworth@gmail.com> wrote:
> From the main pgAdmin window (Object brower tree on left, tabbed-pane in
> upper-right, and SQL pane in lower-right), I'm used to being able to click
> in the SQL pane and hit Ctrl-F to search for a particular column name.
> However, after recently upgrading to openSUSE 13.2, my pgAdmin version has
> changed (to 1.18.1) and the behavior is different in the newew version.
> Now, from the main screen, Ctrl-F is bound to the Database Designer
> function, and the keystroke launches that instead of the Find and Replace
> dialog.
>
> Could that function be bound to a different hotkey to restore the searching
> capability?

The database designer is highly experimental and not particularly
stable, and therefore disabled in the build by default. You should
petition the maintainers of the openSUSE packages to leave it off, as
intended.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com