Re: Infinite Cache - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Infinite Cache
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 11:37 PM, Jim Nasby <jim@nasby.net> wrote:
> On Jul 1, 2011, at 9:43 AM, Anthony Presley wrote:
>> Was curious if there was some sort of Open Source version of Infinite Cache, and/or a memcache layer that can be
"dropped"in front of PostgreSQL without application changes (which seems to be the "key" piece of Infinite Cache), or
isthis something that EnterpriseDB owns and you have to buy their version of the software to use?

> There had been some talk at one point about getting the backend-changes to support Infinite Cache into mainline
Postgres.If that ever happened you could build your own version of it.

> BTW, thanks to the compression feature of IC I've heard it can actually be beneficial to run it on the same server.

Correct.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com