Re: Fixing inconsistencies in the list of books - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Fixing inconsistencies in the list of books
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi

On Thu, 10 Nov 2022 at 12:11, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
When I added a book to the list a while back I realized that the list is quite
inconsistent in how it lists and even spells authors (and in more minor
nitpicks, punctuation).  The case at hand is "Hans-Juergen Schoenig" and
"Hans-Jürgen Schönig".  The attached patch attempts to make it consistent in
how authors are spelled using HTML entities, and how we list multiple authors.

Longer term it might make sense to move this information to the database and
template the list, but that feels like a low-priority task (if one at all)
given the low churn of this list.

Looks good to me. The only correction I would offer is that "et al" should only be preceded by a comma if there is more than one name listed. Eg.

Dave Page et al.
Dave Page, Daniel Gustafsson, et al.