Re: pgadminIII version 1.22.2 - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgadminIII version 1.22.2
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 9:14 PM, Patrick Headley
<pheadley@linxco-inc.com> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> I know you keep saying that you aren't planning any future updates of
> pgAdmin III but I and several other users have requested that you do. While
> not saying you should do so forever it would be nice to get some bugs fixed
> in pgAdmin III since pgAdmin 4 is not ready for production use yet.

pgAdmin 4 is already far more stable than pgAdmin III. Once the
SlickGrid change for the query tool and some last updates to the
connection handling are committed (both of which are in final stages
of review/dev before commit), I don't see any reason why it cannot be
used in production - it will be released for such with PostgreSQL 9.6.

As for pgAdmin III, I simply don't have enough hours in the day at the
moment. If I find some spare time, I'll consider rolling up a final
release but honestly I don't know when that will be.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company