Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] - RM 4048 - Disable auto-fill on all dialogues - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] - RM 4048 - Disable auto-fill on all dialogues
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 10:37 AM Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi,

Please find the attached patch to fix the RM 4048 - Disable auto-fill on all dialogues.

I guess the additions in server.js were for testing? Many of those fields didn't make sense to have autocomplete enabled, and some were specifically the ones that were annoying me.

That said... this doesn't actually work for me in Chrome. A little investigation reveals this is a common annoyance. Some versions ignore autocomplete="off" but will accept autocomplete="nope" (or some other random string), whilst versions such as the one I'm running right now (72.0.3626.121 on macOS) ignore both. Apparently, that's sort of how it's supposed to work: https://html.spec.whatwg.org/multipage/form-control-infrastructure.html#autofill

After some experimentation, the one thing that worked for me (except on the password field of the server dialog, which I can live with) was setting it to "new-password".

I've attached an updated patch. Can you take a look and try it out on the browsers you have please?

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company