Re: Approving request of announcement - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Approving request of announcement
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 4:58 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
>>> On Sep 21, 2016, at 11:42 AM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> While working on approving announcement request for a conference, it
>>> seems I have to reject the request according to the current approval
>>> policy:
>>>
>>> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/NewsEventsApproval
>>>
>>> The request is an announcement regarding "conference schedule posted".
>>> However it does not fall in none of following categories listed in the
>>> Call for Papers
>>> Registration Opening,
>>> Registration Closing,
>>> Wrap-up.
>>>
>>> I have been discussing with Jonathan on pgsql-announce-moderators
>>> list, and we came across a conclusion that we should add new approval
>>> category "Schedule Publishing" and approve the request. I think that
>>> kind of announcement would be a common request from major conference
>>> organizers and the announcement will bring valuable information to
>>> our community.
>>>
>>> Comments? Suggestions?
>>
>> To add on to what Tatsuo said, the modern pattern of the Postgres conference is that we tend to open up registration
onor very shortly after we announce a Call for Papers. The next big announcements is usually “Schedule Announced” which
iswhat the conference organizers really want to publicize as the schedule is one of the primary reasons why people
attendconferences.

>> Jonathan
>
> I think this is very good point.

I have no problem adding schedule announcements.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company