Re: New gTLDs available / how to protect the PostgreSQL brand - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dave Page
Subject Re: New gTLDs available / how to protect the PostgreSQL brand
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 3:52 AM, damien clochard <damien@dalibo.info> wrote:

>>> postgresql.academy
>>> postgresql.training
>>> postgresql.support
>>> postgresql.solutions
>>> postgresql.company
>>>
>>> All these domains are now redirected to postgresql.org. DALIBO will
>>> never use them to promote its own activities. We are willing to transfer
>>> these domains ASAP to a community-driven non-profit legal entity who
>>> would have a mission of protecting the strategic PostgreSQL gTLDs
>>> against cyber-squatting and other bad behaviors. This entity could be
>>> SPI, PostgreSQL Europe or PGCAC (if it's still alive)
>>
>> PGCAC is very much still alive, and is the entity that holds the
>> trademarks and domains for postgresql.org.
>>

> Hi Dave,
>
> I was not aware of that and I think it's good news ! Thanks for your
> efforts and to all the people involved in PGCAC. However I'm confused
> because the whois request on the .org domain does not mention the
> association at all.
>
> http://www.whois.com/whois/postgresql.org
>
> Am I missing something ?

It lists our Chair (tech contact) and Treasurer (registrant and admin contact).

We do need to get the organisation name added. I'll look at that.

> PS : I'll contact you offlist today for the domain transfer

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com