Re: pgadmin4 - which python - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgadmin4 - which python
Date
List pgadmin-support

On Tue, Nov 3, 2020 at 10:24 AM Egon Frerich <egon@frerich.eu> wrote:
I want to install pgadmin4 with Mint 19.3. and get this:

> thomas@Epsil192:~/Downloads/pgadmin4/pgadmin4-4.27/runtime$ sudo qmake
> Project MESSAGE: ==================================
> Project MESSAGE: Configuring the pgAdmin 4 runtime.
> Project MESSAGE: ==================================
> Project MESSAGE: Qt version: 5.12.8
> Project ERROR: The PGADMIN_PYTHON_DIR environment variable is not set. Please set it to a directory path under which Python 3.4 or later has been installed and try again.
> thomas@Epsil192:~/Downloads/pgadmin4/pgadmin4-4.27/runtime$ echo $PGADMIN_PYTHON_DIR
> /usr/lib/python3.8/

I don't understand why $PGADMIN_PYTHON_DIR is not found.

Probably because you're running qmake under sudo, but the environment variable is set in your own session.

There shouldn't be any need to run qmake under sudo.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com