Re: RM-4320: Rename tab - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: RM-4320: Rename tab
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 10:29 AM Nikhil Mohite <nikhil.mohite@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Team,

Regarding the RM-4230 rename tab: implementation approach.

1. We can add the "Rename Panel" option on the panel right-click where we show other options like "Remove Panel".
Edit_tab_title.png
2. Clicking on the "Rename panel" option, a dialog box will open to take user input for panel title and the entered value will get set as panel title.
rename_tab_input.png

Questions:
1. Do we need any different icons for the rename panel option? (just resued edit icon for demo).

I think that's fine.

2. Should we update the tooltip of that renamed panel with user-entered value?

Yes please.

3. Should we allow the user to add placeholders for the panel title from the Rename panel dialog? (We have added placeholders for Query tool and View/Edit Data in preferences to customization in the tab title.)

Yes please.

Any suggestions or anything I have missed in this please let me know.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Nikhil Mohite

--