postgres source code installation vs rpm based installation - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Pavan Kumar
Subject postgres source code installation vs rpm based installation
Date
Re: postgres source code installation vs rpm based installation  (Mark Kirkwood <mark.kirkwood@catalyst.net.nz>)
List pgsql-admin
Hello Experts,

I have couple of questions on postgres installation.

1. which way of installation is better ? source code or rpm based ?
2. for instance , If we need to install same version postgres on multiple times on same server. how do we need to handle this with rpm ?
3. If I go with source code installation, in case we need to upgrade OS(6 to 7) , do we need to recompile existing postgres binaries ?

kindly share your experience.

--
Regards,

#!  Pavan Kumar
-
Sr. Database Administrator..!

NEXT GENERATION PROFESSIONALS, LLC
Cell    #  267-799-3182 #  pavan.dba27 (Gtalk)
India   # 9000459083

Take Risks; if you win, you will be very happy. If you lose you will be Wise