Re: Delete rule does not prevent truncate - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tim Smith
Subject Re: Delete rule does not prevent truncate
Date
Re: Delete rule does not prevent truncate  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
List pgsql-general
So tell me guys, instead of bashing away at the fact I only quoted
half a sentence or whatever, how about you answer the following :

What exactly is was the design decision that lead to TRUNCATE being
supported by triggers but not by rules ?

I suspect that TRUNCATE was added to triggers because some dev thought
it would be a neat idea, and it was never implemented in rules as a
result of an accidental omission for <whatever reason> rather than a
deliberate design constraint.