Re: generic plans and "initial" pruning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Langote
Subject Re: generic plans and "initial" pruning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 6:55 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> I'm looking at 0001 here with intention to commit later.  I see that
> there is some resistance to 0004, but I think a final verdict on that
> one doesn't materially affect 0001.

Thanks.

While the main goal of the refactoring patch is to make it easier to
review the more complex changes that 0004 makes to execPartition.c, I
agree it has merit on its own.  Although, one may say that the bit
about providing a PlanState-independent ExprContext is more closely
tied with 0004's requirements...

--
Amit Langote
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com