Windows setup - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Tom Lahey
Subject Windows setup
Date
Re: AACT database Windows setup  (Clemens Ladisch <clemens@ladisch.de>)
List pgsql-odbc
Hi,

I'm sorry to bother your for a simple question, but I think it will help a lot of people and I will do my best to share it with Medical school librarians and others who will find it very useful.

ClinicalTrials.gov is the repository where the US stores information on clinical trials. It's a great resource for medical researches and the public.

They have a method (database version in postgreSQL) to access the data directly. The instructions are poor and for an unsupported version.

I got this to work on my windows 7 computer but it took a while and I have no idea how I finally got it to work on pgadmin4.

I am now struggling to setup the postgresql ODBC driver (64 bit) on my windows 10 system. I can see the drivers but I can't seem to get a new connection working. I also could not get pgadmin to work, but the driver will be better anyway.

If at all possible could you send the specific steps to setup a ODBC driver on windows 10 that connects to the data source (settings on the link above). It would be greatly appreciated!

If you are really feeling charitable, it would be amazing if you could provide the specific steps for pgadmin4 windows 7 and windows 10 as well as the ODBC driver link to the database for Windows 7 and Windows 10. Send this information to the Clinical Trails support group (I'm not affiliated in any way) and see if they can post this information on their website. This will help thousands of people in many ways. I've already notified them the info is out of date, but it might take a long time for them to update it, and your input could speed up the process greatly! They are also copied on this email.

Clinical Trials Transformation Initiative

ctti@mc.duke.edu

300 W. Morgan St, Suite 800

Durham , North Carolina , 27701-2183 United States

919.668.3437

Thanks in advance and have a great day.
Tom