Clinical Trials access - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Tom Lahey
Subject Clinical Trials access
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi,

Just a short recap and trying to connect the dots between two groups.

First, I've had great responses by both the postgresql group and the Duke group (Sheri Tibbs). I now have a working connections for both pgadmin3, pgadmin4, 32bit ODBC and 64bit ODBC drivers. There were some issues with my account along with slightly confusing instructions that caused my issues with access.

However, the current instructions for pgadmin3 still needs to be updated as well as those for pgadmin4. Also, it might be really helpful if Duke also listed the steps for ODBC drivers. I ran some great pivot tables on the data and this might be a great less technical method for many users to access the data.

So, realizing the resources are always short, if sometime in the near future with the clinical trials group could update their instructions and if possible include some tips (for example I think the major user difference between pgadmin3 and 4 is the query tool is gone in 4). Also, it might be good to note that both 3 and 4 can be installed independently and both will work fine.

I think some next steps might be;
  • The Duke group adds a task to update the web page (hopefully in the next 1-2 months)
  • The Duke group asks for any clarification or review from the postgresql group before they publish (assuming they agree) and it should be a easy review.
  • Perhaps going forward once a year, or if any major updates occur with the aact database or postgresql; review and test to make sure the online instructions are up-to-date. Ideally with a "instructions last reviewed on x/x/2018" on the bottom on the page.

So, I would love to provide some assistance and perhaps can send Sheri, some information and tips I already have. However, the Clinical Trials Transformation Initiative owns the next steps and I'm clearly the least technical person here but might be able to add a end user's perspective.

Thanks everyone (especially Sheri) and have a great day!
Tom