Re: Long running DDL statements blocking all queries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ashu Pachauri
Subject Re: Long running DDL statements blocking all queries
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks Fabio for the reply.
The queries are blocked in the sense that I can see them in pg_stat_activity.

Please find the query and its output for correlating the blocked activity with blocking query from pg_state_activity and pg_locks: https://gist.github.com/ashu210890/c39cd7a38ce37f4baab2f58e1ade1403

This output was captured after stopping all writes to our postgres database and the only thing talking to postgres was our webserver that only does metadata reads. As you can see from the above gist, even the 'SET' statements are blocked waiting for the ALTER statement to finish.

Thanks,
Ashu