PostgreSQL driver - other possibilities - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Jimmy K.
Subject PostgreSQL driver - other possibilities
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,

Last time I saw new version (Beta 2) of "independent" driver for
PostgreSQL, http://softperience.eu/pages/cmn/ngpgjdbc.xhtml. I found
few question, and few posts (possible) of author, even few patches
from him, but I didn't found any opinion about this driver, as well I
found some messages about functionality.

Actually the features mentioned on driver page sound pleasure - binary
transfer, XA bugs (I don't know what bugs was resolved), and something
what is mysterious "Loading of arbitrary large objects (even greater
then heap space) " - we tested loading of almost 1GB bytea column with
256MB heap and it works (WOOOOHA!). Here my congratulations for
author!

We are actually EE application oriented (Hibernate/JPA + app server),
so in our opinion it's quite good proposition.

I would like to ask:
- What do You think about it? Did you tested it or something?
- Is any possibility to add same features to official driver?

Regards and thanks for answers,