Re: how to duplicate data for few times by SQL command in PG - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Paul Jungwirth
Subject Re: how to duplicate data for few times by SQL command in PG
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Han,

Here is an example:

create table foo (v integer);
insert into foo values (23), (45), (65), (22);
create table bar (v integer);
insert into bar select v from foo, generate_series(1,5);

But note that in any relational database there is no defined order for
the rows. A table is more like a set than a list. If you want order
you must specify it with an ORDER BY clause.

It sounds like you might want to read a SQL introduction to help you
get started.

Good luck!
Paul

--