Re: scaling postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Seref Arikan
Subject Re: scaling postgres
Date
List pgsql-general

On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 9:06 AM, Chris Withers <chris@simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
On 03/08/2015 08:34, Seref Arikan wrote:

    At what point does postgres stop scaling?
    What happens when the computational load no longer fits on one
    machine? What are the options then?

I think it is hard to come up with blanket responses to generic
questions such as  "What happens when the computational load no longer
fits on one machine?"

Of course, I guess I'm looking out for the pain points that people commonly hit with chunky postgres installs...

I work in healthcare and patient centric records let me consider
multiple servers for lots and lots of patients. The engineering team
from instagram has been sharing their experience with postgres, which is
possible due to their domain model.

I'll have a google, but do you have the Instagram links you're thinking of?

Nope, sorry, Google is your friend :)

cheers,

Chris