Re: A 154 GB table swelled to 527 GB on the Slony slave. How to compact it? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: A 154 GB table swelled to 527 GB on the Slony slave. How to compact it?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 17 Mar 2012, at 4:21, Aleksey Tsalolikhin wrote:

> And I still don't know why I have holes in my pages.......  should I have holes
> in my pages??  why only on the slave and not on the master?  (the slave has
> 4x the number of pages compared to the master, and there's less rows per
> page on the slave.)

I recall someone in here had a similar problem where the table's FILLFACTOR on the slave was different from the one on
themaster. Perhaps that would explain the gaps you're seeing?

Alban Hertroys

--
Screwing up is an excellent way to attach something to the ceiling.