Re: 9.1 Beta - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: 9.1 Beta
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mar 26, 2011, at 4:27 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com> wrote:
> The basic point of this post was this: If we wait for the Open Items
> list to drop to zero, many people are unable to contribute and that
> means delay. Also, waiting for the Open Items list to drop to zero
> puts the schedule in the hands of one or two individuals, which is a
> bad thing.

As far as I can tell, everyone is just as free to make suggestions and review patches right as now as they always are.
Infact, I do not particularly enjoy slogging through this list of open items.  I would be more than happy to have more
help.There are plenty of issues there that require real thought, and work, and I have no particular desire to be the
onethat fixes them all.

You seem to feel that these issues are quite subjective and that the right behavior is altogether unclear. I disagree.
Thereare a few things that may fall into that category, but I think for the most part we're fixing bugs and major
usabilityproblems.

...Robert