Re: SEAN CHITTENDEN - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Sean Chittenden
Subject Re: SEAN CHITTENDEN
Date
List pgsql-patches
[ Very off topic - very funny, but very off topic ]
[ Please keep replies off list ]

Um, sorry about that folks.  My SPAM filter had tagged this guy's
messages as SPAM.  I was mirroring a copy of the following:

http://objective.jesussave.us/creationsciencefair.html

because I didn't want these precious bits to be lost to the abyss of
the Internet when next year's competition came 'round.  I was looking
up something on thermodynamics and fire and came across this site.
Call me crazy, but with a background in astrophysics, I tought the
project entitled, the "Thermodynamics Of Hell Fire" should've been more
than just an honorable mention: that's heavy stuff for a high school
senior to tackle and it's title alone makes it sound like a cool
project.  Other interesting highlights include:

2001 Prize Winners:

Elementary School Level

  1st Place: "My Uncle Is A Man Named Steve (Not A Monkey)" - Cassidy
Turnbull (grade 5) presented her uncle, Steve. She also showed
photographs of monkeys and invited fairgoers to note the differences
between her uncle and the monkeys. She tried to feed her uncle bananas,
but he declined to eat them. Cassidy has conclusively shown that her
uncle is no monkey.

2nd Place: "Pine Cones Are Complicated" - David Block and Trevor Murry
(grades 4) showed how specifically complicated pine cones are and how
they reveal God's design in nature.

Honorable Mention:

"God Made Kitty" - Sally Reister (grade 3)
  "The Bible Says Creation" - Aaron Kent (grade 5)
  "Pokemon Prove Evolutionism Is False" - Paul Sanborn (grade 4)

Middle School Level

  1st Place: "Life Doesn't Come From Non-Life" - Patricia Lewis (grade
8) did an experiment to see if life can evolve from non-life. Patricia
placed all the non-living ingredients of life - carbon (a charcoal
briquet), purified water, and assorted minerals (a multi-vitamin) -
into a sealed glass jar. The jar was left undisturbed, being exposed
only to sunlight, for three weeks. (Patricia also prayed to God not to
do anything miraculous during the course of the experiment, so as not
to disqualify the findings.) No life evolved. This shows that life
cannot come from non-life through natural processes.

2nd Place: "Women Were Designed For Homemaking" - Jonathan Goode (grade
7) applied findings from many fields of science to support his
conclusion that God designed women for homemaking: physics shows that
women have a lower center of gravity than men, making them more suited
to carrying groceries and laundry baskets; biology shows that women
were designed to carry un-born babies in their wombs and to feed born
babies milk, making them the natural choice for child rearing; social
sciences show that the wages for women workers are lower than for
normal workers, meaning that they are unable to work as well and thus
earn equal pay; and exegetics shows that God created Eve as a companion
for Adam, not as a co-worker.

Honorable Mention:

"Mousetrap Reduced To Pile Of Functionless Parts" - Kevin Parker (grade
7)
  "Dinosaur & Man Walked Together" - Donny Findlay (grade 6)
  "Rocks Can't Evolve, Where Did They Come From Mr. Darwin?" - Anna Reed
(grade 6)

High School Level

  1st Place: "Using Prayer To Microevolve Latent Antibiotic Resistance
In Bacteria" - Eileen Hyde and Lynda Morgan (grades 10 & 11) did a
project showing how the power of prayer can unlock the latent genes in
bacteria, allowing them to microevolve antibiotic resistance.
Escherichia coli bacteria cultured in agar filled petri dishes were
subjected to the antibiotics tetracycline and chlorotetracycline. The
bacteria cultures were divided into two groups, one group (A) received
prayer while the other (B) didn't. The prayer was as follows: "Dear
Lord, please allow the bacteria in Group A to unlock the
antibiotic-resistant genes that You saw fit to give them at the time of
Creation. Amen." The process was repeated for five generations, with
the prayer being given at the start of each generation. In the end,
Group A was significantly more resistant than Group B to both
antibiotics.

2nd Place: "Maximal Packing Of Rodentia Kinds: A Feasibility Study" -
Jason Spinter's (grade 12) project was to show the feasibility of
Noah's Ark using a Rodentia research model (made of a mixture of
hamsters and gerbils) as a representative of diluvian life forms. The
Rodentia were placed in a cage with dimensions proportional to a
section of the Ark. The number of Rodentia used (58) was calculated
using available Creation Science research and was based on the median
animal size and their volumetric distribution in the Ark. The cage was
also fitted with wooden dowels inserted at regular intervals through
the cage walls, forming platforms which provided support for the
Rodentia. Although there was little room left in the cage, all Rodentia
were able to move just enough to ward off muscle atrophy. Food pellets
and water were delivered to sub-surface Rodentia via plastic drinking
straws inserted into the Rodentia-mass, which also served to allow
internal air flow. Once a day, the cage was sprayed with water to
cleanse any built-up waste. Additionally, the cage was suspended on
bungee cords to simulate the rocking motion of a ship. The study lasted
30 days and 30 nights, with all Rodentia surviving at least long enough
afterwards to allow for reproduction. These findings strongly suggest
that Noah's Ark could hold and support representatives of all
antediluvian animal kinds for the duration of the Flood and subsequent
repopulation of the Earth.

Honorable Mention:

"Geocentrism: Politically Incorrect" - Richard Cody (grade 9)
  "Young Earth, Old Lies" - Melvin Knuth & Glenna Reher (grade 11)
  "Thermodynamics Of Hell Fire" - Tom Williamson (grade 12)

And here's a great pic from a a paper on the 2nd law of thermo
(http://objective.jesussave.us/slot.html):

http://objective.jesussave.us/geneticentropy.gif

Again, sorry for the noise.  -sc