PostgreSQL & latest Mac OS Sonoma, a possible bug / configuration issue - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Arnd Baranowski
Subject PostgreSQL & latest Mac OS Sonoma, a possible bug / configuration issue
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello,

I have a MacBook Pro 16 inch with M3 Max in the base configuration (48 gig RAM, 1 terabyte HD). Operating System macOS
thelatest Sonoma 14.3. I use the latest Postgres 14 installed via brew in the standard configuration. From time to time
(everysecond or third week) I use to reboot the Mac and since several weeks now (the last 4 reboots at least) I lose
dataof the database when rebooting and I fall back to a state of several days ahead of the reboot. This affects
structureand data added. I cover this via backups and it looks that data is kept in memory rather than written to the
database.Beside this Mac and Postgres run fine.

Regards

Arnd Baranowski