Re: [patch] executor and slru dtrace probes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bernd Helmle
Subject Re: [patch] executor and slru dtrace probes
Date
List pgsql-hackers

--On 9. Dezember 2009 19:08:07 -0500 Theo Schlossnagle <jesus@omniti.com>
wrote:

> Now, there was some indication that there was a better place to probe
> that would be more comprehensive -- that should be addressed.

For now there exists no consensus where they should go in. Tom pointed out
various issues with ExecProcNode() and he's worried about the performance
penalty those probes might introduce. I admit I'm not very experienced with
dtrace, but maybe some worries exists because an expensive instrumented
executor probe can cause forged results?

--
Thanks
Bernd