Re: shared_buffers > 284263 on OS X - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Guido Neitzer
Subject Re: shared_buffers > 284263 on OS X
Date
List pgsql-performance
Am 27.11.2006 um 00:25 schrieb Jim C. Nasby:

> Got any data about that you can share? People have been wondering
> about
> cases where drastically increasing shared_buffers makes a difference.

I have tried to compile PostgreSQL as a 64Bit application on my G5
but wasn't successful. But I must admit, that I'm not a C programmer
at all. I know enough to work with source packages and configure /
make but not enough to work with the errors I got from the compile.
And as I'm extremely busy right now, I can't follow the trail and
learn more about it.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge can take a look at it.

cug