Re: [idea] more aggressive join pushdown on postgres_fdw - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Shigeru HANADA
Subject Re: [idea] more aggressive join pushdown on postgres_fdw
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2015/06/05 6:43、Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> のメール:
> On Sat, May 30, 2015 at 9:03 PM, Kouhei Kaigai <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com> wrote:
> Neat idea.  This ties into something I've thought about and mentioned
> before: what if the innerrel is local, but there's a replicated copy
> on the remote server?  Perhaps both cases are worth thinking about at
> some point.

Interesting, but I’m not sure that I understood the situation.

Here which kind of replication method do you mean?  I guess you assume some kind of per-table replication such as
Slony-Ior materialized views with postgres_fdw or dblink, in postgres_fdw case.  If this assumption is correct, we need
amapping between a local ordinary table and a foreign table which points remote replicated table.

--
Shigeru HANADA
shigeru.hanada@gmail.com