Software Engineer Summer Internship, Boston - Mailing list pgsql-jobs

From F. Jovan Jester
Subject Software Engineer Summer Internship, Boston
Date
List pgsql-jobs

Details: Boston start-up, 10 week paid software engineering internship, begins June 2009

 Link: http://www.groupspeak.com/jobs

 Company Description:  Groupspeak.com is a messaging service that organizes conversations around locations, keywords, and groups. It enables you to pinpoint conversational areas that are otherwise unavailable through private messaging clients or chat rooms.  In 2008, we were top winners in the I3 Harvard Innovation Challenge, and featured in Popular Science.

 Job Description: We are looking for highly motivated undergraduates or recent graduates with Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience to become involved with a start-up this summer.  We have many interesting technical challenges; from delivering mobile applications to tuning and managing back-end systems that will handle millions of messages.  Over a 10 week time period, we will be focused on refining Groupspeak's global platform for real-time message filtering and launching internationally.

 You will gain real-world software engineering experience, learning how to build highly scalable web services on a diverse open-source software stack.

 This summer, help make Groupspeak’s innovative technology even better.

 Requirements:

- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience

- Solid fundamentals in algorithms

- Strong programming skills in Java, C, C++, and/or object-oriented PHP

 Preferences:

- Experience with a RDBMS (PostgreSQL preferred)

- Web development experience (JavaScript, (X)HTML and CSS)

- Strong Unix/Linux skills

- Experience with mobile development (Java ME, Android, Blackberry or iPhone)

Java, C, PostgreSQL, Unix/Linux, Mobile, Web

 Contact: Please send resume and cover letter to jobs@groupspeak.com