Re: L - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Luke Lonergan
Subject Re: L
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Lukas,

> Actually very few RDBMS support transactional DDL, though
> right this second I do not remember what they do in case you
> issue DDL inside a transaction. I would assume/hope that they
> give you an error and not do an implicit commit.

See here for Oracle:

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14220/transact.
htm

"Committing means that a user has explicitly or implicitly requested
that the changes in the transaction be made permanent. An explicit
request occurs when the user issues a COMMIT statement. An implicit
request occurs after normal termination of an application or completion
of a data definition language (DDL) operation."

- Luke